View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 04:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
The availability of public chargers today should be way better than in 2012-2018.
Over here 5 years ago public chargers were not that common. Now it is hard to find a parking lot of any size without charging options.

As for women, I guess the physical aspect of plugging in the charge cable may play a role.
I'd still prefer plugging in at a charger over filling up with gas or especially diesel, where the nozzle grips are often contaminated with fuel.
My wife solved that problem by making her husband fill up her car...

The original article is hidden behind a paywall, and The Drive took what it liked and omitted what it didn't like.
Apparently they did not like that the people who went back to gas mainly had been driving an early Nissan Leaf or a Fiat 500e, with battery trouble and small range. Almost all Tesla owners still drive them now.
I'd say that is more of a factor than gender?

The small and cute 500e was mostly bought by women, and its range and boot space are tiny. No wonder they dumped them for another small car with a better range and boot - that then had to be a gas car as the Chevy Spark EV and Mitsubishi iMiEV have the same problems.
The issue is not with women but rather the lack of EVs that suit their needs.

IMHO people mainly move away from EVs when their limitations which make them less useful than comparable gas cars weigh heavier than the advantages like a more silent drive and smooth and instant power delivery.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 05-02-2021 at 04:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (05-11-2021)