View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 11:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Almost all Tesla owners still drive them now.
I'd say that is more of a factor than gender?

The small and cute 500e was mostly bought by women, and its range and boot space are tiny. No wonder they dumped them for another small car with a better range and boot - that then had to be a gas car as the Chevy Spark EV and Mitsubishi iMiEV have the same problems.
The issue is not with women but rather the lack of EVs that suit their needs.
I'd be curious to know the ratio of men vs women that went back to ICE. Factors like women buying a cute 500e that has less utility than other options is still a gender difference, even if the reason they went back to ICE was that the 500e posed too many problems.

As a general gender difference, it seems apparent that women typically value form over function a bit more than men. Of course, men aren't uninterested in projecting a certain image (lifted trucks, sports cars, etc), but even those aesthetics tend to imply certain capability (off road ability, fast, etc).

My wife hates anything I propose that deviates from what she's used to. Then I implement the new thing, she gets used to it, and it gets incorporated into the things she doesn't want to deviate from. Women tend to be more conservative, where men tend to be more explorative.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!