View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 01:52 AM   #39 (permalink)
Juho
EcoModding Lurker

I reached 7.9l / 100km based on the average fuel consumption meter on highway at 100km/h (real speed) and a little bit of city driving.
I reseted the avg. consumption meter after filling tank so the engine was already warm.

Heat helps a lot, works much better overall (kind of expected... ) ; about 25-26C outside temperature.
Engine could keep the speed at as little as 6l/100km momentary consumption for some time on flat road sections.
The fuel consumption meter is on the 'happy side' so it's out almost 10% (based on calculated fuel consumption when filling the tank).. true fuel consumption would have been about 8,7 liter per 100km, which is still quite well for this engine running on E85 since usually it's around 10l/100km, or more. Or gasoline ~8l/100km.

I got a few days ago new thermostat (Meyle).
What a failure, temps were even lower by few degrees. New OEM, here we go..

While revving the engine to reach thermostat opening temperature, I noticed intake and exhaust vanos making bad noises around 2500...3000rpm.
It's quite clear the vanos is not working well, which explains some random power losses I've experienced recently.

Should be expecting some fuel economy improvements with vanos service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juho For This Useful Post:
Ecky (05-13-2021)