View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 06:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
AeroMcAeroFace
Long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe_Hybrid View Post
according to the meter the Best MPG zone is at 45mph which runs the engine at 1050-1070 RPM in v8 mode... it will show a consistent 40mpg on the display.meter..with the A/C on ( no change if the A/C is off ) the issue is wasting a ton getting up to speed..

it's really hard to keep it in that gear If I was able to keep it in that gear longer i would net better mpg so it seems like even slight changes would have a huge benefit.... also i noticed the hood flaps around in the wind this could potentially effect the aerodynamics
Hood flapping in the wind is maybe 1% aero drag increase, which at those speeds is pretty low. As ksa8907 said, it is a huge frontal area, 2.5 tonne, 6.0L V8 powered vehicle and you are expecting hatchback economy from it.

At 45mph 2/3 of your drag is rolling resistance, so unless you are going to be removing the hybrid system, seats, headlining and carpet there is not much you can do about it. Play around with the numbers in the calculator, even if you half the drag coefficient, you still would only get 47mpg at 45mph

https://ecomodder.com/forum/tool-aer...ToStep=5-200-5

It is a tradeoff, you want a huge and heavy car, you get high drag. You want good economy, sell the large car and buy one that is a reasonable weight, and a reasonable size for your goals.
The Following User Says Thank You to AeroMcAeroFace For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (05-14-2021)