View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Looks like the base trim can have heated seats and steering wheel added, so that's the only option I'd add. I don't care for integrated entertainment systems because technology is outdated so quickly. I can buy an Android tablet for $40, so I don't see much point in spending $3k on screens built into headrests.

Looks like with the $5k discount, the price would be $37,500. Between Oregon and federal subsidies, that's another $10k off bringing the price down to about $27,500k. That's getting into pricing territory I'd be willing to purchase a new van for. Unless I could get a good condition used one for $17k or less, I think new is the way to go in this case.
Mine is the base hybrid with only the cold weather group added, heated front seats, steering wheel, and leather wheel. A $495 option. Delivery is $1495 so total msrp is $42,285.

The base uconnect is really good as is the instrument cluster. There are a ton of options on how to configure things. The android auto just connects automatically to the phone in my pocket, brings up google maps on the screen, and starts playing my spotify playlist. It also connects to my daughters iphone if she is with me and then she can take over with apple CarPlay if she wants. I think the android looks better, apple looks like a cartoon.

It also has proximity key standard along with lane departure and auto correction, forward collision avoidance with auto braking, and adaptive cruise control.

Last edited by Hersbird; 05-14-2021 at 11:26 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (05-14-2021)