View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackDeuceCoupe
CAUTION: May Stink!!!

BDC's Honda CiViC HX/Si - '98 Honda CiViC HX/Si (HX Shell/Si Swap)
90 day: 40.56 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via AIM to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via MSN to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via Yahoo to BlackDeuceCoupe
I guess I don't get it, trikkonceptz

What are you asking? Cheating at what?!?!?

I imagine my commute is very similar to yours. I drive 3 miles from my house to the freeway. Then 40 miles of pulse n' glide freeway driving to the turnoff for work. Then 3 miles from the freeway to work. I usually take the same route, yada, yada, yada.

I seem to get better FE @ 70 mph (4400 rpm) than I do @ 55-60 mph (3000-3500 rpm). And, I'm strictly going by raw numbers, if you will, e.g. not using a SG or whatever - just topping off my tank every two days and using the trip meter, a wristwatch calculator, and the EM fuel log, to compute my mileage.

The thing is, I don't like to drive that fast, even if it gives me better FE!

My dumped rice rocket *looks* fast. Driving fast is just asking for a speeding ticket!

Anyway, what is your concern? I don't get it...

Do you *feel* like you're cheating by driving too fast - too far - doing too much freeway driving - not enough city driving?

LoL!

I don't *feel* guilty because I get world-class FE, nor *believe* I'm cheating...

Is THAT what this is about - you *think* you're inadvertently rigging the results?

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe; 10-02-2008 at 06:12 PM..