View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
more efficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
The volt batteries dump maybe 700 watts of heat into my battery coolant tank during a 30 minute freeway trip from my ex-job to home or vice versa, giving a 10 degree rise above ambiant. The Kostov / soliton is radiating an average of 1.5 k watt because that's what I planned on cooling and do not overtemp limit. The truck uses an average of 450 wh/mile with the high being 2.5kw on a 6% hill.

One would think the F-150 is much more efficient than my 30 year old technology in a bumpy brick shaped non aerodynamic vehicle.
* When the official specifications are provided for the electric F-150, we'll be able to do a side-by-side comparison with the EcoBoost F-150, converting everything to Btu or Joules.
* With the current Ford Mustang MACH-e test comparison with Tesla Model Y, we already know how more efficient Tesla is than Ford, so we'll also have a feel for the upcoming F-150 / Cybertruck shootout.
* Right now, Tesla is around 300% more efficient than ICE. About 570%, on a well-to-wheels basis.
* The Btu / Joule content of the battery packs and fuel tanks, compared to hourly consumption rates, under similar load, will tell the tale about cooling system heat flux rejection requirements. Dimensions. Drag.