View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
F/R

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c-c View Post
I wonder how many here actually drive PU's.

And know the real F/R weight bias range, loaded and unloaded, and then can give a real world realistic estimate how much drive distance is in each category.

Meaning, a PU is a horrible solution for any optimal COG goal, It always has been, with the new use of large batteries in electric PU's, we have an opportunity to improve, if not rectify the problem.

How this is complicated, has no upside, etc, is IMO, only a failure of imagination and will.
Selling the driving public on the solution seems to me, to be the biggest hurdle, kinda like here?
Spirit of EcoModder.com was almost 50-50 weight distribution as raced at Bonneville. And at a travel weight of 4,220-pounds indicated virtually zero-lift in the wind tunnel ( 33-lb front downforce and 22-lb rear lift @ 135-mph )
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration testing failed to tip over the Tesla Model S. It can't be done!
When Cybertruck finally bows, at it's lowest suspension setting, the NHTSA may be just as challenged to get it's COG to work against it.
I'll be pleased when Tesla builds school buses. They have a horrible rollover track record.