View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Erdrick
EcoModding Lurker

new arrival in the fleet

Well, the stable has just been fattened. Not being content with my 1998 Jetta TDi, I decided that I needed another car on the other end of the FE spectrum. The diesel will be great for highway commutes and long trips, but the new car should be best for getting around town. Any guesses as to what the new car is?

2005 Prius. 75k on the odo. Price at auction? $4900. With parts, taxes, fees, etc., I should be looking at around $6500 -- about half of what KBB listed it at. Unlike my Jetta, this badboy has a clean title too.

The real reason I got the car though is for my wife. She can't drive manuals (yet), so the Prius looked to be the best FE-based option for her. She is going to freak when I give her the news. After I explained the car to her, she said that she was willing to pay up to about $7500.

Any Prius owners out there that want to chime in? Think I walked away with a pretty good deal? I will say that it hasn't been driven yet, so there IS the chance that it doesn't even run, but with the damage it sustained (it was an auction for wrecked cars), there shouldn't be any problems. It will probably be a quick fix, consisting of spraying some parts and hanging them.