View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Is ammonia the fuel of the future?

I received a notification about Ford's new and fuel-efficient Maverick, but when I tapped on it I just got Google News. I scrolled and scrolled and haven't found anything yet, so I guess that I will need to do a search. I looked here and didn't see anything, but I often have problems with the search function.

Thanks Google!

This article for my attention, though: New Renewable Fuel May be 3 Times More Powerful than Gasoline.

The first part reads like a history lesson and then it sounds like an ad for a company called Amm Power, but maybe they are encouraging people to invest in a stock they feel well return dividends. It also seems to contradict itself. Natural gas has 91 times the energy density of lithium batteries, but they also say "ammonia has 9x the energy capacity of lithium-ion batteries." It sounds like the whole thing is about ammonia as a fuel, but then they write "it could also allow hydrogen cracking to be done closer to the end-user."

Are they trying to use ammonia as a fuel or just a vehicle for hydrogen--converting the ammonia close to where it is sold to the consumer?

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Xist; 06-08-2021 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: Added link.