View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #161 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
Well, you can believe Aerohead on Ecomodder, or you can believe multiple, real aerodynamic experts who read the book, gave feedback on the book, and subsequently endorsed the book.

It takes someone with a gargantuan ego to think they know more than professional car company aerodynamacists, a professor of aerodynamics, an F1 aerodynamicist, etc. I certainly don't, that's for sure.
None of your argument alters the fact that, on one page of your book you write one thing, then later in the book you completely reverse yourself.
Thomas Wolf is used to argue against my thesis, when he's saying the same thing I am.
Professional car company aerodynamicists do not design cars. They're allowed a little latitude with the exterior of a vehicle, as long as the designer approves. As much as can be done with the underside is explored, as this doesn't impact the aesthetic of the silhouette.
And best I can surmise, none of your experts have ever been involved in low-drag aerodynamics. Porsche has never done any. Same for Jaguar. Land Rover has produced some of the most obscene vehicles to ever darken the highways of the Earth.
Formula-1. Wow! Some real eco cars there!
Perhaps you might shop for some low-drag aerodynamicists.
I give you real credit for much that you write, however, when it comes to what I would consider to be the most important tools for ecomodding, you completely drop the ball.
Low drag is the reason I went to college. It's been on my mind since October 1973.
I'll be happy to take on all of your experts if you can bring them over to the forum. A PhD doesn't necessarily equip an individual with any better fundamentals than can be had as an undergraduate or graduate.
Dr. James Hansen will tell you that your doctoral dissertation can be completely 'wrong', yet not stand in the way of the diploma.