View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,573 Times in 7,059 Posts
Quote:
Is this really yours? It's really good looking, and I thought you had a collection of more hard-working Beetles. If it is yours, I agree the stance works. Love the wheels too.
Thanks.

It's parked outside right now. The Metro XFi is down because when they worked on it (replace broken wheel stud), the ignition switch failed while it was on the lift. Better while it was in the mechanic's hands than when I was miles from home. So I need to pick up the ignition switch and take it to a locksmith because they don't want to.

That picture is when I got it, before the white plasitdip on the wheels. It's been wrecked twice since. Both times it swapped ends on a freeway on-ramp. Once was black ice, the other was a first spring rain.

So now the Lemmerz wheels are powder coated and on the car. I have two replacement fenders (LF & RR) to strip and paint before they go on the car.

And of course I can't not see that the front fenders were painted Kansas Beige while the rest of the car is Shantung Gold. I think when they looked at the chart of 1971 colors they went down the list alphabetically. If I ever top-coat the car it will probably be Rustoleum done at home, then cut and buffed. Youtube has been pushing that idea at me lately.

It's the same as a standard Beetle from the A-pillar back (dash and steering wheel) so I think the CFD analysis is relevant.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-11-2021)