View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 01:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

I’m only like 20 years old so I’m definitely pinching pennies in all regards. The space available in a Prius and the ability to get decent mileage without any real effort is attractive. Fixing stuff for $$$ is not. I got an offer the other day of $50 for a whole civic shell, and I think that shows why I’m partial to them. I have seen some clean and low KM Prius offers, Including a 100,000km JDM import for $7000 CAD. I’ve seen lower offers with higher KM, but have no idea how smart that would be. I wouldn’t really know what all to check (and how) if I were to buy secondhand. If I could get a nice and clean Prius running as it should for less than $4000 CAD, then maybe.

Speed limits here on the highway are 100 KM/H. I pulse and glide between 80-90 KM/H, and up that to 90-100 KM/h when I’m in a bit of a rush. What would you estimate your Prius can do at those speeds? In town limits, the speed limit is 50 km/h, but I prefer to hop on my bicycle in town and leave the car parked, so it’s really highway miles mostly.

Ever run your Prius in the cold and see how hard the MPG drops? I’m in Manitoba, and it gets to below -40 Celsius sometimes in the winter. Snow and ice suck too.

I love the Aerocivic, for its function. Beyond that, I find it really painful to look at, lol. Certainly the cheapest route to modify the car. I think aeromods can actually look great on a Prius, but they definitely look....interesting..on cars like a civic hatch. In the end, I’ll probably copy Basjoos’s work anyways. He used a ‘92 CX. I’m looking at a ‘93 CX, so could be good.