View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

The goal is to save money, but my more whimsical goal is to get 55-60 MPG on average. I have fun working on cars but realistically I have a bunch of other stuff to do and don’t always have the time. I only drive when traveling in the summer (long trips, warm weather, mostly highway) and my winter commute is about 20 km of highway driving and 3km or so of town driving. Both situations would be good for a Prius, I’d think. Though, it gets pretty brutal come winter, so I’d hope the battery does well. The space is great for traveling and cargo and CVT trans is actually better for me as I do really suck at driving manual.

I’ve seen some reports of it being a rock-solid car as you say, and others saying it is problematic. If it is indeed problematic, then I’d save more money with my Honda’s. I pay the lowest insurance and find parts cars for like $50-200. Have the most clapped-out civic ever and it still has no check lights of any sort.

If I can find a way to fix up the battery and other things without spending enough to buy a civic, I’ll get me a Prius. I’m very interested in the MK.2, and somehow I like the look.

Edit: What’s a good price for a Prius? How many kms is too much for a used one? I’ve found some with ~200,000km for $4100-$8000 around me, which seems high. I also found an imported JDM 2004 model with ~100,000km for just over $6000. I want something cheap, but at the same time I’m tired of ****boxes.

Last edited by JacobLeSann; 06-18-2021 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Question