Thread: Solar power
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 11:58 PM   #113 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
After I wondered about converting a commercial shed into a cabin my brother's SLPA went and did it. Once again I feel like I cannot get anywhere, but I can afford a vast tract of land--depending on your definition of "vast."

Someone is selling 1.2 acres for $12,000.

If I ever sell my old laptop (with a new motherboard) and fix up and sell my Hondas I would have that much and more.

The dad of a client said that it would cost $20,000 to connect electricity. "For that much you might as well go solar!"
"Unless you want electricity at night."
"Batteries, man!"

At least he made it clear that he didn't have any idea what he was saying before too long.

The SLP said that it would cost $20,000 to dig a well. I started looking into doing it myself.

The water table is hundreds of feet down!

They prefer filing up a water trailer in-town as needed.

She also said that it would have cost $10,000 to run electricity to her tiny house.

They decided to go solar. They have eight panels, two $900 lithium batteries, and haven't run out of power since they bought the second battery.

However, their only appliance is their refrigerator.

Now, she is a 40-acre person and as a 40-acre person she lives right in the middle of her 40 acres.

She said that it would have been cheap to run power to her gate, but most of the cost was from her approximately 650-foot driveway.

I cannot find a calculator for the connection cost. The electric company says to call, but running power from the neighbor should be vastly cheaper on 1.2 acres, especially without a ridiculous driveway (that will get snow and ice).

Solar just didn't make any sense for me--until our power was out all day today!

I couldn't get anything done!