Thread: Getting Greedy?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
I don't know. I believe the scientists that say that global warming is a problem. If global warming is just a scam and therefore I can't believe the scientists, then who can I believe??

Just because there is no good solution doesn't make it a scam. Maybe the solution is something we don't want or can't achieve and the damage that has been done has been done and we'll just have to face the consequenses and that's that.

Meanwhile my state keeps getting bombarded with forest fires every year, and every year it seems they keep getting worse. I'm just waiting for the day it's my town and my house that's burnt down. (Good thing I rent I guess). All the forests here are full of dry dead trees. You can't find a forest that's nice and green anymore. Is this just a normal cycle or part of mankind's effect on the environment? Scientists say it's the latter, drought from global warming and previous clearcutting and seeding operations.

What's the most efficient forms of transportation? Railroads are far more efficient than vehicles. Big vehicles can transport a lot more than smaller ones for the same amount of fuel/electricity. The more we rely on public transportation (AHEM! covid...) the more efficient transportation becomes and therefore the easier it is to transition to other fuels. (Air-ships are also more efficient than airplanes, but are slower.)

Smaller vehicles could be made to be much more efficient but would have to become Aero Civics or Apteras. (Safety?)

The more efficient things are the few batteries and less electric grid expansion we need.

ICE's currently out there can be converted to CNG (good bye trunk space).