View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 12:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Have you done everything you can to reduce heat in the cabin first? E.g. heater control valve doesn't leak any heat into the cabin, window film, maybe vinyl wrap the roof in silver/white (my dark gray car's roof gets insanely hot, I can feel the heat through the headliner).
I have taken a few simple and cheap steps to reduce heat such as sealing the firewall around wiring, throttle cable, clutch cylinder, etc and getting good window tint, both of which made a large enough difference to be worthwhile. Still need to replace my trunk weatherstripping, it's pretty badly torn up. The right side of the trunk gets pretty hot from the muffler, so wrapping the muffler in exhaust wrap would probably help too.

I need to figure out some type of heater control valve setup. Unfortunately the oil cooler/warmer I added complicates heater control because I installed it in series with the heater core and I need coolant to flow through the oil heat exchanger constantly without flowing through the heater core. For now I just bypass the heater core in the spring and reconnect it in the fall. Not a great solution, but it's effective.

I think sealing/insulating the cowl from the engine compartment as much as possible would be a big improvement too as the air blowing out of the vents has always been noticeably warmer than outside air if the AC isn't on even when the heater core is completely bypassed.
The Following User Says Thank You to EcoCivic For This Useful Post:
ksa8907 (06-26-2021)