Thread: Basic MPG info
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Charlie Cheap
EcoModding Pro

Pinto/Ranger

Piotrsko, I have a 2011 Ranger with a 2.3 and we owned a 75 Pinto with the V6. Both were/are excellent cars, and the Pinto did not have more fires from rear end crashes than other cars of similar size. It was only after-the-fact and law suits that DOT had to admit this. Public perception is fact to many. Hot Rodders drive some of the most efficient cars because they understand the internal combustion engine. Baylor University engineering department tested our Street Rods (Hot Rods adapted for comfort and street driving),for emissions and clean running. They were shocked to find ZERO failed out of over 100 cars. As Charter President of the Dallas Area Street Rods club I explained...If a guy spends thousands of $$$ and a year or two of his time to build a car, he will NOT be embarrassed at a gathering with a rough running car. They were 1948 or older cars with late model motors, trans., brakes, suspensions, steering, etc. and they handled like many sportscars. My 32 Coupe had a 289 built for the highway getting 20 MPG though it was aerodynamic as a brick. It passed emissions for 3 years later, even though we were returning from a 800 mile vacation to the Gulf Coast.