View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 03:05 PM   #52 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Very interested to hear your comments about the RAV4 Prime once you have time with it.

I believe the Prime has an eCVT, so there's no need for a transmission cooler since it doesn't have a torque converter (where slipping occurs and waste heat accumulates).

There's no issue towing above rating given the operator knows how to handle the load and conditions. I've pulled close to 2,000 lbs in my Prius which has no tow rating. I took it slow and made sure to leave a very large gap between me and the traffic ahead. I didn't go far.
Yup. Never had any issues with heat over 100k miles of somewhat downright abuse on my ecvt prius. Only had one time where i was like 90% throttle for about 25 minutes straight on i-49 going 75mph north (a road where truckers struggle to maintain 40 up hill) and i killed the battery. lol
Car just stopped accelerating and then it charged up in about 60 seconds and was good to go again. In my head I was like oh F i killed it. Nope.

*forgot to add i was towing two jet skis
redpoint5 (06-30-2021), Taylor95 (06-30-2021)