View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 01:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkin42 View Post
Yes, the luxury cars are using it.
Mostly for a more favorable tax bracket in countries such as mine, or just to show off how their buyers are into the newest technologies.

Quote:
I'm not terribly interested in a Volvo, personally, or anything else that's that expensive simply because of a badge.
Volvo is still often praised for its safety features, but its recent models became too bland. Even a Lexus may look more attractive sometimes.

Quote:
I'd still do a 330e but because it has the driveline I want, not because it's a BMW.
Of course. Well, even though BMW is not so strict into RWD as it used to be, its range is still quite interesting.

Quote:
I actually sometimes give them even less credit in my head because then I'd be driving a luxury car and that's not really who I am. Things like intangible quality or the "dealership experience" are completely irrelevant to me. I buy products, not brands.
Sometimes a luxury car may catch my attention, more specifically to some key features than to the whole "experience".

Quote:
My new crush is the Rav4 Prime, but they're so big. I've been thinking about dropping one on air to take out a few inches but I'm used to cars so even the seating position will be strange. Despite being a "compact" crossover/suv it's too tall.
I drove some SUVs, and their feeling is more comparable to a commercial truck even for some front-wheel drive ones. Whenever the handling of an SUV may be praised as "car-like", it's not the same at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
falkin42 (07-02-2021)