View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 03:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
SDMCF
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Presumably the sequential injections becoming more common than continuous ones also improved the thermal management, leading to a shorter cold phase.
That makes sense, but I don't have any actual knowledge to back that up. I think you know more about this than I do.

Quote:
In Brazil it has been increasingly common for flexfuel cars with port injection to feature electrically heated injectors as a starting aid with ethanol, while older ones resorted to an auxiliary gasoline tank which also used to be common back in the day of the dedicated-ethanol cars.
Another interesting issue I know nothing about. Could you give more info about the auxiliary tanks? Did the driver have to manually select the auxiliary tank when starting from cold, then switch back when the engine was warm? Or was it automated somehow?

This reminds me that Jaguars used to have twin tanks with a dashboard switch to select which one to use. Is there any milage (pardon the pun) in adopting that approach as a mod? Perhaps use one grade of fuel for starting or faster driving and a cheaper grade fuel for easy cruising. Has anyone done anything like that?