View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
48V
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Fords $35,000 F150 Lighting is likely a better option
Bull****. I've explained some things very clearly but let me be more blunt:
1. I am building a nice, expensive American pickup truck. I am not driving an embarrassing MPG mobile. Nor a wagon, or whatever other ridiculous stupid thing you dig up.

2. I've explained I absolutely do not want anything new. If you gave me a brand new truck, and paid the taxes for me, I would sell it and buy an old one.

3. I never said I wanted a full hybrid. The "mild hybrid" part is really easy. Electric fans/water pumps/AC is child's play in 2021. I can literally buy all this stuff straight out of a Summit catalog and it's designed to bolt up to my engine. And it cost almost nothing.

4. As far as movement is concerned, I want less than 10mph. That is not a big ask. There are many different ways this could be accomplished, I was simply curious if anybody else had done it. Obviously that takes very little HP, and thus, 48v would be absolutely fine. Maybe even 24.

5. I already explained I do not care about gas mileage. I want a truck that is functionally superior, I couldn't care less how much gas it uses. In fact, it will be getting a 100 gallon tank. Again, as I already said, this truck will be a mobile generator, and has features that are nicer than you will find in something from the factory. There are other reasons for hybridization beyond saving a few cents worth of gas.

6. I'm not poor. I could go to the dealership and take any car they have. Again, I have not seen any current models I want anything to do with. Thus, I make the car I want. Not my first rodeo.

I'm sure this conversation is over (to be fair it never started) so I won't bother checking this any further.