View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 04:41 PM   #195 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
what, pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Successful prediction blinds us to the real existential challenges Since you haven't been blinded () what challenges are those?

Word salad. If you had to pick just one to explain, which would it be?
The challenges would be 'everything' connected with what S-O would hope to displace, should the general public buy into all the alternate explanations.
Anthropomorphic climate forcing would be at the top of the list.
There are already climate refugees from loss of mountain glaciers. Entire food production for billions are threatened should seasonal rivers stop flowing and mountain lakes dry up. Which is already happening.
If the masses believe solar irradiance or magnetic fields are responsible, we'll lose the planet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' word salad' was to shine a little light onto the complexity of climate models, and what climatologists would have to include in order to 'predict' future or past phenomena. Everything I listed ( and more ) would have to be included in a backwards look of coastal flooding a hundred years ago. The Earth that existed back then no longer exists.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't believe S-O ever reliably predicted anything. If they'd like to offer proper evidence, I'm all eyes.