View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
TDFbound
EcoModding Lurker

Bone Stock VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Got her home!

Went to see it and couldn't resist. 1996 3-door 5-speed manual with 160k miles. Owner had it since 2006, just driving 40 mile round trip days to work and back. Definitely needs a synchro, shifts smooth into 2nd if you double clutch but won't go in otherwise, same with 1st. Only rust spot is under the passenger door rocker, not a large spot, maybe size of playing card, but could stand to be fixed within the next year or so. Exhaust has rusted where the pipe meets the muffler and is hanging free there- same on my Civic, so not too worried about it, will fix later. Rest of underneath looks fine to me.

Will replace front brake calipers (like $100 for a pair of re-man calipers including pads), and may see about getting a quote from the local shop about the transmission. Worse case scenario I take a weekend and do it myself, just a bit gimpy right now due to having a torn ACL/MCL from a motorcycle crash last weekend, waiting to have surgery on it soon.

Interior is pretty good, couple wear spots on driver's seat, one small burn hole in passenger seat, air vent direction knobs don't turn all the blades of the vent, have to manually move each one. Aftermarket stereo works but only plays from one speaker- also really not concerned with this, the stereo in my Civic hasn't worked since I bought it. Headliner fabric is drooping, need to glue it back up. A little TLC and some cleaning and it should be good to go for quite a while- the amount of dust in this thing is incredible, we live in farmland and the previous owner did have 6 miles per day of dirt/gravel road, I doubt he's ever vacuumed it out.

Pretty stoked, I don't feel it was a bad deal at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to TDFbound For This Useful Post:
freebeard (07-26-2021)