View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
extragoode
EcoModding Apprentice

Nerdcycle - '81 Honda CM400E
Motorcycle
90 day: 61.16 mpg (US)

Trouble - '06 Kawasaki Ninja
90 day: 74.69 mpg (US)

Edna - '13 Nissan LEAF SV
Last 3: 126.4 mpg (US)

Tank - '20 Ford Expedition Limited
Last 3: 17.4 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
Site with lots of info but they are not very online-purchase friendly.

Flexible Heater Pads. The best car heater, diesel engine heater, replaces block heater, magnetic heater, ideal for volkswagen beetle,

This next one looks better. Just scroll down a bit. They seem to have every kind of heater

Kats automotive heater list for car, trucks, RV, trailers & home use.
Thanks everybody for the info. I sent an email off to the guys in the first link here for pricing and more info. They seem like a distributor or something, so if group buy is required or encouraged, I'll make sure to post it here.

I'm really interested in the 12V model they have. I was looking at a 55AH AGM that is a drop in replacement for my current battery. If I had a timer that worker for 12V/20A like the one I have for 120V/15A then I could set it to warm just the engine oil for an hour off the battery, then shut off and still have enough to start the truck (if I need it, when I get the right parking spot I can roll start it). Then I've got a 50A charger at home. Plugging it in would allow 20A for the warmer and 30A to recharge the battery. Another hour should be fine for that in the morning. Would it hurt an AGM to sit half dead for 10-12 hours?