View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 05:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Lots of good discussion here.

I can add one bit of behind-the-scenese trivia that has me leaning toward "it's dying"...

Assuming that $3/gallon national U.S. gas price is a psychological threshold that gets "average" people thinking about saving fuel/money and looking for info on how to do it (seems to have been the pattern in the past), the recent increase past that point marks the first time traffic here hasn't increased along with it.

Another couple of critical points to consider...

1) In the last decade, Google has changed its search algorhthym a lot: EcoModder doesn't rank nearly as high as it used to in search results for various reasons. Some of that is my fault - we never made a serious effort to offer a good "mobile friendly" version of the forum, and Google penalizes us for it.

2) The ascent of YouTube is likely a big factor too. A significant number of people use it as their default search engine, particularly for DIY projects, which is what this forum is all about.
Maybe if each one of us started his/her own YouTube channel and put Ecomodder linked in the description?...