View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #363 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,596 Times in 7,079 Posts
Quote:
Raspberry Pi shouldn't be affected.... These computers have to use very little electricity compared to the rest or they can't be sold.
Maybe a bare board that ships with a case (some assembly required) is all it takes to humiliate bureaucrats? 80% lowers all over again.

I talked to my son. I'd thought all that graphics power was to drive a set resolution in pixels and all you get is the protagonist's shirt sleeves fluttering in the breeze. But he said the one 4K monitor at 60 frames per second or two at 30 is pathetic. Gamers want 120 frame per second.

We left it at where thin clients and cloud computation fall is over last mile latency problems. I think that's only one thing that Starlink will disrupt.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr -- it's a single-board SOC (System on chip). It comes in different flavors like the Pi Zero, and you can install a headless OS for Internet of Thingies.

The Pi 4b is about the size of a deck of cards. I printed out this bracket to put mine on the wall next to my desk.

www.thingiverse.com/thing:4908608

You can get cases that look like the Death Star or a functional octopod robot.