View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Vwbeamer
EcoModding Apprentice

Ruint Taco - '19 Toyota Tacoma SR Double Cab
90 day: 23.76 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanf1lm View Post
Thanks I couldn't remember the name of the company that sold the only lowering kit of the top of my head. But I am glad you like the lowering kit. I just have a question about it. Did you do it yourself and how easy was it to do if you did.
As for the radar and such they honestly go for a pretty penny and from what I see online in the Tacoma forums have a tendency to go in the earlier 2018+ models hence why they did software updates to turn them off and such. Saddly I would hate to have the error messages all over if I was to remove them so they will stay til someone finds a permently delete option. I live by every penny helps but prob will never be removed.
And lastly in my head, long headers seemed to be better for lower but everything from articles from hot rod mag and other decent sources said short were. My logic on my longer was better for lower rpm is bc the exhaust pulse at lower rpm would take longer to get to the part of the header where they joined. Exactly like the intake with longer runners. But everything I was reading and seeing was saying I was stupid and short was good for lower and long was for higher.
I installed the lowering kit myself, takes about 6 hours. The radar sensors are pretty expensive, I haven't bought one, but have heard prices as high as 3K. What have you heard?