View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
TBH, with me I think I'm against CUV's mainly because I'm more attracted to things that are different. Sure, +90% of people prefer a crossover or other utilitarian vehicle. But there was one time I had an electric car, a diesel car and an air-cooled car all at the same time. I'm also the guy that stuck with my little candy bar phone while everyone else had already gotten smartphones. Then I got a Windows Phone when I finally got one. But it seems everyone and their dog has a grey CUV and I can't tell the difference if it's a Toyota, Ford or other brand. They all look the same to me.

Another thing is that some try to convince me that I really need to buy a CUV myself because 1 sedans are extremely dangerous, 2 I can't possibly drive in the snow in my sedan and 3 I must hate myself and everyone I try to pack into my "tiny little" sedan. And that makes me want to put up a tough counterargument.

Of course CUV's really aren't all that terrible either. And if that's what people want, that's fine. It is a little sad that other cars types are slowly disappearing or becoming luxury only. I do feel the extra hight is unnecessary, although I do like having space in my vehicle for kids and stuff.

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 08-18-2021 at 01:20 PM..