View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 04:11 PM   #626 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Navy Federal claimed that all of them were blurry. They weren't scans, they were PDFs generated from the computer.

That is like telling me that my text document is blurry!
I've had plenty of people send me blurry PDFs that can't be read at full screen. It depends on the resolution the file.

Quote:
It looks like I need to upload a purchase agreement before they will process my application, but I am not making an offer for a house until I know that I qualify!
That is why you get preapproved. No bank is going to do actual loan paperwork until you are under contract. As someone else said, you should be talking to a Realtor to see what is required in your area.

Quote:
They sent me a copy of my credit report. I scored 788-807. Every bureau claimed that my revolving debt was too high.
Congrats! 788 to 807 that is very good to excellent.

Quote:
Every bureau claimed that my revolving debt was too high.
They are likely talking about your credit utilization rate when they say your revolving debt is too high. That means you are using too high a percentage of your credit card limit. Even if you pay off your card every month the percent of the max credit limit you charge makes a difference. The general rule is to use less than 30% of your limit but going from 3% to 9% dropped my FICO score 10 points last month. Credit utilization rate makes up about 30% of your credit score.

I've seen friends that like to keep really low credit card limits get in trouble with credit utilization. People that keep a $500 or $1000 limit on their card.

Quote:
I don't have a recent history of loan payments.

I have zero debt.
Those go hand in hand. You can't show creditors you have a history of paying loans on time if you don't take out loans. The good thing is your credit score is proof that good credit is possible without taking out loans.