View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Beg to differ.

The half cylinder has less area than a box of the same dimensions. The minimal surface area would be an hemisphere. ?
Useable area and area are different things, a slight vertical wall under the hut can solve the useable issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
But it's only half the story. Air stagnates inside a box. So long as it's not thwarted by internal partitions, the half cylinder will have an automatic air circulation driven by the temperature difference between inside and outside.

For spray on roofing Cork paint [is greater than] polyurethane foam. What's the mechanism for mold growing on metal? I know there's mold growing on the outside of the ISS, but what, trapped moisture?
Plain steel is notorious for mold problems due to constant condensation , most examples come from the container home movement when aspirating creatures are dwelling inside a box making constant humidity.

The external spray on roofing I mention is expensive but solves 99% of the issues mentioned, rust, maintenance, drafts, bridging, condensation, hardware issues are generally solved, worth noting It’s not that expensive compared to the labor and materials required to fix up a hut into an efficient home

Where I live people have converted lakeside WWII Huts to machine shops and the like but these are massive hangers with wooden end caps and interiors