View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 05:34 PM   #42 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
I like this more all the time:

The title is in English but the narrative is in German? Youtube is weird, yesterday it was telling me I wasn't connected to Internet when I obviously was. Turned out the Raspberry Pi system clock had skipped a beat or two.

Anyways, it looks like there are Buskult members in Germany. Who knew? They took all the good stuff about the Type II and brought it forward into the 21st Century*. Hub motors and all. Two or three (depending) battery locations. Solar roof. Smart phone drive sharing.

Including the dump bed option. That's how you know they're in the cult. Expect a line-worker bucket option.

www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/pressphotos/

You can see the similarity with the single-cab three-box architecture. Here's one I didn't know about before, the log truck option, SO(Special Order)24.

edit: It appears that the fifth-wheel part swivels and travels fore-and-aft (biased aft of the wheelbase center) to compensate on corners.

Imagine one of these with with a slide-on camper (w/ frenched jacks or landing legs).

*Beach buggy bumper

Last edited by freebeard; 08-29-2021 at 05:53 PM..