Thread: Prius 75-91mpg
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 07:05 PM   #234 (permalink)
Nathan jones
Ecomodding Apprentice

Thanks for your replies, I should not have really introduced acceleration to an efficiency forum although I think a dare I say it rule of thumb weight to mpg could be generalized, limited also to variables even on the same vehicle. From tests it varies greatly depending on week pattern soc, ambient, ice temp, gradients, trip routes and traffic conditions, for my car 14-20kg worst/best per mpg seemed about right but I still maybe wrong. It's also very much work...

Also thanks yes I have custom tyres and pressures to compromise grip and efficiency although if you were on a limited budget reducing pressures works well

I decided as I have alloy wheels already, the net gains from replacing doors vs wheels, doors win as I only have limited time in January, plus my wheels do not rotate that rapidly

Hey guys just checking in 15/11, but I don't wanna modify the thread as such because not much has happened. My bumper was not a great success, I needed the car for work and removed it from the mould before it was properly set so in a couple of months I will buy a new one and use it as a die, the same as the doors, buy one at a time so I can still work and make new parts. The rear driver's door will be first. I will probably only use kevlar on the front drivers, four layers of 1000D with two impact bars. I will keep the wheels I have for next year, they are still very light and see the year after that. Passed with just corroded rear springs advise Saturday

Incidentally I rented a Hyundai in Canada last month and the best on a run I could get was 3.5l per 100km and that was a brand new car. Seemed like I filled up every other day so very pleased to be home!!

Hey folks, Merry Xmas. Another edit so I don't go to the top without anything useful to say...I did figure I will need spacers on the wheels to roughly correct offset as the fibre thickness will be about 40% less than the aluminum. Will have a go at that at some stage....

Hope everyone is doing ok. I was also wondering if anyone replaces their e-cvt magnets?? I figure they may lose flux with heat, mine sure have been heated from time to time...

Last edited by Nathan jones; 12-27-2021 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: Updates/social graces
The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan jones For This Useful Post:
Snuggles (09-26-2021)