View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 08:19 PM   #655 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
When the wife and I had 2 roommates, we never saw them. For some reason they were content to stay in their rooms upstairs despite having 2 living rooms downstairs. Best roommates ever.

You're allowed to discriminate for any reason when taking on a roommate too. I'm not saying that as an opportunity to express racism or something, only that you're way more likely to get a good one if you can get 8 people who are interested and choose the one most likely to not cause problems.

I turned away the hot single mom who seemed a bit emotionally unstable. I also turned away the guy whose only income was disability and that needed a place to rent after getting "suddenly" evicted for "unknown" reasons.
Sounds like renters in general where I live. It's very common for places to not accept families with kids even with perfect credit scores and no history of problems with rent because they're statistically a higher liability.

I know a family that has a great credit score, no history of problems paying rent or damaging rentals (in fact they've repaired problems that the landlord never got to with their own money) and make way more money than I do. But since they have a kid and a cat, even rentals up to $2,000/month for a two bedroom wouldn't accept them. They ended up having to camp in a camper for the past two years and finally got into a place just recently.

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 09-03-2021 at 08:30 PM..