View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 01:03 AM   #666 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
[QUOTE=JSH;655370]Sure it is. My wife and I packed up and left our hometown at 22. Since then we have moved states 3 more times in 21 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
Most people buying up housing are looking for second homes so they can come up here and ski, hunt and boat. That and the local college (now university) keeps growing with more and more students moving in and the town not planning and allowing for the growth.[/quote

Makes sense now. Both purchased houses and rentals are being driven by out-of-towners with deeper pockets. Houses are going to people wealthy enough to buy a 2nd home and rentals are going to college kids that are being rented based on the parents' income. If Wikipedia can be trusted more than 1/2 of the town's population are college students.

Where isn't marijuana legal now? Joking, but there are only 14 states left that you can't smoke a little weed.
It's one thing to move out when you're 22. It's another when you're nearly 40. Still, it might be the right move. Or at least I could start out telling the people I work for that I either need enough pay to afford a place to live or I'm going to have to quit.

I did try to live in Denver for six months when I was 21. It was miserable though, which is why I gave up and moved back into the mountains.

I do still have my CDL and it seems lots of places are wanting drivers. I just can't do trips that keep me away from my wife and kids though.