View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #668 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
It's one thing to move out when you're 22. It's another when you're nearly 40. Still, it might be the right move.
"My wife and I packed up and left our hometown at 22. Since then we have moved states 3 more times in 21 years."

22,23, 29, 36 and we plan to pick up roots again in 2023. Basically once we are established in an area establish a circle a friends it is time to move again.

Quote:
I did try to live in Denver for six months when I was 21. It was miserable though, which is why I gave up and moved back into the mountains.
What was miserable? Just the hustle and bustle of city life?

Both of my parents grew up in rural areas. They both moved to the city and lived a pretty decent middle class life. Family that stayed rural struggled financially in exchange for low density living without neighbors in sight.

Quote:
I do still have my CDL and it seems lots of places are wanting drivers. I just can't do trips that keep me away from my wife and kids though.
Yes, there is a severe driver shortage. I'm seeing ads right now for $15K signing bonuses for new drivers and full benefits. However, to get a short haul route you will likely have to move to a city.