View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
I think the peep mirrors would certainly suit a look I have in mind, but I figured the complete flat surface would be less aerodynamic compared to either of the 2 I posted.
We're kind of crippled by the database errors, but there have been posts on the subject. The peep mirror could have a bollet-shaped nose added. More subtle would be a ring-shaped wickerbill. And they can be positioned half-way back on the door, for better aerodynamics and visibility.

Quote:
As for a cover, I plan to do a type of kammbak off the cab and a partial tonneau cover. Not quite as good as an aeroshell, but I'll be doing 99% highway driving so I'll need the visibility.
Ask kach22i: ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/roof-spoiler-pick-up-truck-cab-phase-1

There exists a comparison chart I can't quote at the moment -- a cab-top Bonneville spoiler and half-tonneau is close to the aerocap in performance. Plus you get a closed compartment behind the tailgate.

Last edited by freebeard; 09-12-2021 at 06:13 PM..