View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Erdrick
EcoModding Lurker

SVOboy: Feel free to take my job. I will even give you a recommendation. Worked for my buddy from college. Funny thing is we will both be heading back to America at the same time. Just so you know, I am an ALT. The money sucks, the advancement opportunities are just about non-existant, the salary is DECREASING as time goes on, and there is usually next to no satisfaction that can be gained from your work. On the other hand, the vacations are nice (can you say 2 month PAID summer vacation?!), and the work is really easy. Oh, that and you get the chance to really work on your Japanese.

Buuuut, the real matter at hand is the Prius. I just figured out what my first mod could be. The auto parts website that I visited quoted me 57kg for a steel hood, and 37kg for an aluminum one. Both are primed and ready to be painted. 20kg is definitely a sizeable chunk of weight. The difference in price is about $70 ($130 vs. $200), so it could foreseeably pay for itself in the long-run. Any thoughts on this idea?