View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 02:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Maybe your experiences in life have been different than mine. I've had to deal with things like broken axles and failed brakes going down steep mountain passes and with weigh stations and keeping my load within limits.

You can't go wrong if you respect the manufacturer's limits. Once you step outside of those limits does it become anyone's and everyone's opinion as to what the "actual limit" really is.

I also know of people who swear by two or three year oil changes or using oil that's several grades thicker than what the manufacturer says. It still doesn't convinced me though.

It's also one thing for me to on-purposely overload my car
It's another for the manufacturer to seemingly expect you to.

My question would be to Tesla: If I put 7 passengers in the vehicle with 20lbs luggage each and go over their 106lbs per each and every of all 7 passengers average, is that ok? If not, then what? Do they expect my family to be anorexic or something?

If I have 4 average sized adults and want to put kids in the other three seats, so they need to be 54lbs or less each? What if I want to carry something else along that's 50lbs or so? That's why I'd pay $50,000 for the thing?

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 09-16-2021 at 04:07 AM..