View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 09:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
ksa8907
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Don't understand all this fear about going over the "limit" on things. Ratings are super conservative to account for people that are terrible at estimating weight, have tires inflated to a quarter of what they should be, are horrible at driving, exceed the speed limits...

You know, if you're loaded to exactly the weight rating you're 110% safe, but if you go 1 pound over you're totally screwed.

I guess I better ask the state what I should eat for dinner because I'm incompetent to use my own judgement.

I'm not done here. I once transported something like 8 people in my Subaru Legacy, plus me driving. Their durango had burned and they needed a ride. I even came around a corner where a deer was standing in the middle of the road and I yelled to everyone to hang on as I stopped the car as quickly and safely as possible, sparing the deer and the passengers.

Y'all are going to die of heart disease or cancer like everyone else. Nobody on this forum is dying from exceeding the weight rating of their car by 37 pounds. Refer to my signature. It never needs to be revised.
Ratings have nothing to do with capability, it's about defining a limit for legal reasons. The only point I was making is that .oat customers don't care about ratings and the manufacturer likes it that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to ksa8907 For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (09-16-2021)