View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #370 (permalink)
Autobahnschleicher
Master EcoModder

Aerospyder - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Team Toyota
90 day: 41.98 mpg (US)

Simme - '83 IFA Simson Suhl S51
Motorcycle
90 day: 76.59 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_a_t_t View Post
The only bikes I have any knowledge about would be one of the small displacement Kawasaki KZ's. Like a KZ440, 550, or a 300. I haven't strayed too far yet in bike realms. A ninja 250/300 maybe? It shares the same engine as my versys, but has a lower seat height. It will do ~95 mph (150 kph). It's 175 kg though.

Have you had much seat time on a bigger bike? I find that once you get used to only being able to reach the ground with one foot it's fine. I ride my KZ1100 and can only put one foot on the ground. I'm 135 lbs (61 kg) and 5'7" (1.7 metres). It's ~600 lbs.

I'm not trying to recommend getting a huge bike, just try to keep an open mind. Because that ninja should be a pretty easy ride. One of my friends is 5' 4" (1.63 m) and can just about reach both feet flat footed on her Ninja 500 (with riding boots).
I can go heavier indeed, it's not that big of a deal as long as it's not excessive or top-heavy.
However I do have short legs for my height and can't even flatfoot my S51.
I've ridden a BMW F650CS a few times before.
For me it's too tall and very heavy.
Tried sitting on a KTM EXC-400 for fun once, with my legs straight, I barely make it to the pegs.
Haven't tried riding it for obvious reasons.

The Ninja 250 is on the tall end of what I would consider, but is very heavy and not at all practical.
Doesn't even seem to have the ability to mount side-racks.