View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 03:38 AM   #1142 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
This evening I'm wondering what to do with my swing axle five speed when it hit me ("Like the wet smack at the end of a hot fist" Firesign Theater), I could find a Type III swing axle subframe and convert it to rocker arms the graft it to a Citroen IICV front end.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/265335092941...=10001&mkevt=1
Quote:
1965 Mayan Magnum one-off prototype. This Mayan Magnum is a one-off custom coupe built in the mid-1960s by science-fiction writer and engineer, Dean Ing, who died in July 2020 and whose family still owns the vehicle. The car is powered by a Chevrolet Corvair 2.4L flat-six paired with a four-speed manual transaxle. Equipment includes Porsche- and Volkswagen-based brakes and suspension, front-hinged clamshell bodywork, gullwing doors, a double-bubble roofline, 15″ wide-five aluminum wheels, and latch-and-link lap belts.
I think this is a very interesting body, with the front fender pontoons and the tulip panel under the windshield very much like the Volkhart-Saggita. But on a smaller and lighter vehicle I'd go more spartan.