View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Previous observations show that if you are in traffic not doing anything differently, you tend to not get noticed.
The time I bought that vehicle in Houston and drove over 1,000 miles home I passed several police cars, one time there were three of them on the side of the road, and didn't get pulled over once.

One of my first cars I drove with the plates on and got pulled over because of the expired tag. The officer told me to take the plates off BEFORE pulling out and to just drive without plates and would be fine with the bill of sale.

Anytime I've been pulled over without plates I've been fine with the bill of sale. I've called DMV's and have asked what do they require and have been fine with that

What I'm saying is I've gotten in trouble twice. Once for selling a car with plates and once for buying a car with plates. At least in Colorado, if you want to be ticketed, called into court, and woke up at 2am by the police, buy or sell your cars with plates. The DMV's in three states and the police have all told me not to buy or sell with the plates and that's what I'm doing from here on out.

Plus if I get another vehicle I can use my old plates and it's cheaper that getting new ones.

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 10-05-2021 at 05:59 PM..