View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 10:50 AM   #786 (permalink)
rickjames8
EcoModding Lurker

Civic VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Hey Bill - I just sent you a message as I just bought a 67 Firebird with the intention of doing a chassis swap. But that's not actually why I'm replying here. I wanted to point out something that I'm not sure you've considered (well, maybe you have as you seem pretty thorough).

I recently completed a body-swap (I wouldn't call it a full chassis swap) on a delSol. I lined up my new body on the delSol while the car was sitting at stock height. Then I dropped the rear about 4". What I didn't account for was that the rear suspension actually pivots from a point about 12" forward of the rear axle. Thus, dropping the suspension so drastically actually moved my axle forward about .6 of an inch, really making for an awkward look. I still haven't figured out how (or even if) I'm going to remedy that. All the ideas in my head require major surgery that will either blow my budget or make the car unsafe.

It seems that you're aligning your body at stock height with plans to lower later, so I wanted to make sure you'd planned for any forward movement of the wheel when you do.