View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 10:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
Piotrsko
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,124 Times in 991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I might be recommending the better of my parent's 2 Camrys. It's a 2003 with 203k miles. We need to downsize our fleet.

She showed an ad for a rebuilt title 2007 Honda CRV, and a 2009 Camry hybrid.

I love helping people, but this is a case where the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It's not that there is one or two issues to deal with; it's continually doing life wrong due to a miscalibrated reality filter.

How can young(ish), attractive, educated (multiple degrees), people eek out a living by the skin of their teeth? Having a heart for others is awesome, but acting on that means having taken care of your own room first.

All that said, it's a miracle that she does so many things well considering a half-abandoned upbringing.
Just because you are "educated" and come from a supposed decent background does not support rational thought processes anymore. My lengthy education process just showed that I could sit in classrooms in the evening for hours and sometimes pass testing requirements. Used to know many heavily degreed people who couldn't survive without socialized help. Irv Culver comes to mind.