View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I may be a little behind, but it sounds like this is not a Tesla P100D OEM computer running off-label, but maybe something by Nvidia? Not the Dojo architecture? It looks the same here.

If you'd paid for all the power at the rate the $60 segment was, what would it have cost then?

You have the PCIe card? The [$200] reTerminal has a PCIe slot. I wonder if they would work together. If you follow Major Hardware on Youtube (www.youtube.com/c/MajorHardware), you could take one of his winning designs and then undervolt a few of them.
Yes, Nvidia P100. It wasn't clear to me that it had no fans. Also not sure if it can run in a normal tower workstation given the vague error I was getting about insufficient resources. These cards are finicky. There was a server that would detect the card but wouldn't enable it. Turns out it wanted a power connector from a specific spot from the server, and not an identical looking one that it was plugged into. The difficulty in figuring out that mystery is how I ended up with this "extra".

The server runs 500 watts when mining, and 250 watts at idle. If I didn't have excess solar generation, it would cost me $440 per year in electricity. That's nearly half of my "profit".

Maybe I'm trying to kill to many stones with 1 bird by combining a surveillance PVR, gaming rig, media server, and crypto miner all in one.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-14-2021)