View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 02:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The wind is blowing off the plastic.

There are tons of holes in each $30 sheet where staples used to be. I barely managed to pull it together against the wind and it blew apart before I could secure it. My brother was screaming at me, so I had him hold it while I grabbed the stapler.
He let go and it blew apart.
I grabbed the stir sticks that I used to secure the insulation in the shed.
For some reason the staples went right through the paper. If it held at first it soon ripped.
Well, one of the sticks that I stapled onto the greenhouse came off already. Hopefully there are enough sticks stapled on to last until morning.
Then I can screw 1x2s all around, since I don't have anything else to do.

My sister is flying Mom to California and Oregon [one last time]. Mom keeps saying that she is driving herself and I keep saying "You are not strapping a 4x8 box to the roof of your car."

I told her that we needed to leave at 08 so I could be back in-time for my appointments, so she made an appointment at 11.

I keep telling her to make a hotel reservation and we repeat that conversation.

Now of course a bad person would say "So what? Let her die," but this is a horrible time to hold a funeral for me! I just can't squeeze in weeks of crying myself to sleep, waking up, and then crying myself to sleep again!

Plus she always says that she wants my brother's provider to get her car.

How can the lady inherit a car if Mom drives it off a cliff?!

A final happy thought: I am not just trying to avoid Mom dying unnecessarily. I am trying to avoid Mom dying slowly, painfully, and alone unnecessarily.