View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 05:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm always excited for new things... until they turn out to not deliver what they promised.

I went through the same process of thinking H2 would be the greatest fuel, then ethanol, but at least in the US ethanol production consumes too much land area and doesn't deliver enough energy to displace fossil fuels.
That's what we call a give up or discouraged attitude. Something doesn't work out the way you'd like, so you give up.

The thing is that we wouldn't be where we are today if people gave up at their first failed attempts. How many failed attempts were there in making the first internal combustion engine, the first road car, the first air plane, the first diesel engine, the first electronic fuel injected systems etc.? Look at how many failed attempts there were in making a production worthy EV back in the 70's, for an example. If everyone gave up on thier first failed attempts then then cars like Telsas would not exist. Actually vehiclular transportation wouldn't exist at all.

One thing is for sure, and that is that things change. Many of us didn't think things would change this fast. I remember when nobody had a cellphone and cars were carbureted.

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 10-21-2021 at 06:31 PM..