View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 06:18 PM   #692 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
The agency doesn't benefit monetarily from making me fill out this form repeatedly.
It doesn't cost them anything either does it? You get paid by the session right? So whether it take 5 minute or 5 hours for the paperwork it is all the same to the company.

Quote:
If my supervisor ever approves it the support coordinator will send it off for review, and someone unaffiliated with my organization would decide whether or not to send an SLP from Northern Arizona University to evaluate the client and if that SLP decides that the verbal client needs a communication device then the state would buy it a from medical device vendor.
So your company gets nothing? No referral fee, no hours for that SLP visit, no check box for a medical code that gets them paid. The owner of your agency doesn't have a medical device company on the side or an investment in one?

If nothing else they have a happy client that got a free iPad.

Quote:
If my supervisor were responsible for anything she would fill out the packet herself.
Isn't it her responsibility to be sure you do it right? All kidding aside I was under the impression that a SLP does the initial client visit, sets a treatment plan, and then hands it off to a SLPA to do the real work.