View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
My Camry was in a fender, hood, bumper, and headlight bender

It was a beautiful day! I drove to Walmart to buy a new hot plate to boil my catalytic converters in acid, hoping to clear the CEL and resume driving my car:

Look! It's another fifth-generation Camry! You can see both ends of a Camry at once!

Someone tried to turn left in front of me. I skid into him. As far as I can tell, just my hood, headlight, bumper, and a bracket were damaged. The frame and other components seem fine, although I cannot open the hood.

Nobody was injured, the other driver stayed, and the police took a report, but how long before his insurance fixes my car?

I drove my Camry 2,136 miles in 6.9 months--310 miles monthly.
I am surprised that I drove it that much. I drove my Accord everywhere so that nothing happened to this one!

Kelley says that my car would be worth $3,398 in good condition. A friend has worked insurance for years and says they will likely total my car due to age and availability of parts, but her threshold is 80%. Eighty percent of $3,398 is $2,718 and since the bumper is out of the way I can see the frame! It looks great!

I certainly have had difficulty finding parts for my Hondas and painting is prohibitively expensive, but this LKQ Pick-Your-Part in Thousand Palms, California looks like it has the hood and bumper for $50 each!

I declined rental coverage. Maybe it had to do with having 3 cars. Unless the other guy's insurance offers me something, I still need to fix my Honda, and I sure hope that I finally make my Accord drivable before

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1289-15234-18728735.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	31417   Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	31418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Accident.jpg
Views:	256